WHY DO WE GIVE TO THE LOCAL CHURCH?
“The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it…” —Psalm 24:1
As Christ Followers, we believe that we are stewards of God’s resources because He is the owner of all that we have. Throughout scripture, we are reminded of the importance of giving back a portion of what God has so generously provided. His Word tells us that giving is an act of worship that should be done with a spirit of thanksgiving.
There are several benefits to online giving for both you and our church. Some of them are. . .
• Faithfully Honoring God – When you sign up to give online you are deciding in advance to faithfully give. God always blesses that kind of faith! The Bible teaches that we are to honor God with the “First Fruits” of our labor (Proverbs 3:9). By setting up a recurring contribution that is scheduled to come out of your account on the day you specify, you can ensure that your First Fruits are faithfully given back to God.
• Simplicity – You won’t have to remember whether you gave this month or send in an offering by mail when you’re on a trip.
• Security – We utilize an encrypted secure website for your online records. Online giving is more secure than giving with a check or cash because an electronic gift can’t be lost or stolen.
• Focus – Instead of having to worry about writing a check and filling out an envelope during the service, you can be fully focused on the worship service, knowing that you have already given your offering.
A NOTE ABOUT CREDIT CARDS
Please know that the online giving does not make a distinction regarding a debit card or a credit card. While we allow the use of credit cards for tithes and offerings, we still strongly encourage the use of electronic funds transfer rather than credit card for two primary reasons:
1. Although many pay off their credit cards each month, many also do not. We do not want to encourage someone to go into debt and pay interest on gifts given to the church. The Bible speaks in Proverbs 22:7 about “…the borrower [being] servant to the lender.” We do not wish our congregation to go into debt by tithing on a credit card.
2. eCheck transactions cost Victory Hill much less in fees compared to credit cards. If you set up an eCheck transaction for online giving, we can put more of each gift towards what it was intended for—making a difference